Tiramisù, "a piece of heaven in your mouth" is the Official Dish of the IDIC (International day of Italian Cuisines) 2013, a worldwide celebration of authentic and quality Italian Cuisine. The IDIC 2013 official dish is TIRAMISÙ, undoubtedly the most widely known dolce italiano in the world
Ingredients for 10 people
- 220 gr Egg
- 100 gr Sugar
- 500 gr Mascarpone
- 80 gr Marsala wine
- 50 gr Coffee
- Savoiardi (similar to but larger 15/16 than Ladyfingers)
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Beat the yolks and the sugar.
- Whip the whites and the salt.
- Add the mascarpone to the yolks and sugar.
- Lighten the mixture by adding the whipped egg whites.
- Add the marsala to the coffee.
- Soak the savoiardi in the mixture of coffee and marsala and lay them out in the desired mould.
- Alternate layers of mascarpone with layers of savoiardi; top off with the mascarpone cream.
- Refrigerate and sprinkle with cocoa.
- Serve at 6 to 8 °C
- Note: it's recommended, due to food safety reasons, to use pasteurized eggs or to cook the preparations with the eggs at 71 ºC (160 ºF).
If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog: